Our friends at Plug’n Drive are seeking EV Ambassadors to help more consumers make the switch from gas to electric. The events they have organized with the MEET Trailer will be in Burlington, Ontario as of April, and we’re here to help them add new members to their team. Plug’n Drive is also looking for EV Ambassadors for the EV Discovery Centre and other events.
Take a look at the job description below and if it sounds like you or someone that you know, then respond to Plug’n Drive today!
This is an exciting opportunity. Good luck and we look forward to seeing you at their events.
PLUG’N DRIVE JOB POSTING:
Part-time contractor positions available with flexible work hours. Ideal for people with a passion for electric
cars and a desire to take action on climate change. Join the EV revolution and help us get more consumers
to make the switch from gas to electric!
Plug’n Drive is a non-profit organization that promotes electric vehicles (EV) for their environmental and
economic benefits. One of our primary activities is to engage members of the public about electric vehicles and
offer test drives. We do this in three ways: The world’s first Electric Vehicle Discovery Centre, which is an
experiential learning destination for EV education and awareness; the Mobile EV Education Tailer (MEET), a
mini-EVDC on wheels, where we bring the EV education to the community on a semi-permanent basis (1-2
months); and our EV Roadshow, which is typically a one day EV test drive event.
The EV Ambassadors’ primary tasks and responsibilities will be to speak to members of the public about the
environmental and economic benefits of electric transportation, as well as to help consumers understand the
different EV models and how to charge them. They are also responsible for accompanying members of the
public on EV test drives to answer any questions and speak to the unique qualities/capabilities of different EV
models. We are proudly agnostic on car brand.
- Engage members of the public about electric vehicles and their benefits and accompany them on test
- Set-up, tear-down and work event booth displays
- Execute event logistics, including event load-in, event load-out and product presentation
- Maintain knowledge of the electric vehicle industry, including new models coming to market, emerging
trends and prominent news stories
- Help our visitors complete our on-line survey and waiver
- Travel to attending events outside of the GTHA
- Represent the Plug’n Drive brand in a positive manner
- At least two years of post-secondary education
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent social skills with an understanding of professional conduct
- Must be at least 21 years old and have a valid G-class driver’s license – this is required!
- Knowledge of EVs and climate change is an asset; EV drivers preferred
Training will be provided at our EVDC, located at 1126 Finch Ave. W. | North York, ON | M3J 3J6.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest in working
with Plug’n Drive. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.